9 Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
The Amazing Power of Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum):
- Silibinin, a compound found within milk thistle, is well tolerated and shows a substantial antiviral effects against hepatitis C.
- Silibinin, a flavonoid found within milk thistle seed, inhibits prostate cancer cell growth.
- Silymarin (Milk Thistle extract) has anticancer effects against prostate cancer cells.
- Silibinin, a compound found within milk thistle seed, causes cell cycle arrest and induces programmed cell death in human colon cancer cells.
- Silymarin (milk thistle) may be safe and effective in improving symptoms of acute clinical hepatitis.
- Silymarin (from milk thistle) is well-tolerated and improves the condition of patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis.
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) compares favorably with fluoxetine in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Silymarin has anti-inflammatory activity superior to the drugs piroxicam and meloxicam in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee.
- The combination of silymarin and S-MSM can be useful in managing symptoms and condition of rosacea.
Mission: Empower families to use the wisdom of traditional foods and natural healing.