- Fish oil supplementation has a significant therapeutic effect for children with autism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids appear to be an effective treatment for children with autism.
- Magnesium and Vitamin B-6 improve symptoms of autism.
- Children who were not breastfed or were fed infant formula without docosahexaenoic acid/arachidonic acid supplementation were significantly more likely to have autistic disorder.
- Ginkgo biloba may have therapeutic value in the treatment of autistic disorder.
- Melatonin significantly improved impaired sleep maintenance in children with autism.
- St John’s Wort is modestly effective in the short-term treatment of irritability in some patients with autistic disorder.
- Deficiencies of the amino acids tryptophan and tyrosine may play a key role in aultism.
- Methylcobalamin (vitamin B-12) and a form of folic acid (folinic acid) may have clinical benefit for some children with autism.
Mission: Empower families to use the wisdom of traditional foods and natural healing.