9 Benefits of Cocoa
The Amazing Power of Cocoa:
- Cocoa products have blood-pressure lowering capacity.
- Chocolate, cocoa and flavan-3-ols improve insulin resistance and parameters associated with decreased cardiovascular disease risk.
- Chocolate procyanidins may inhibit vascular and inflammatory processes that contribute to cardiovascular disease.
- One week of high-flavanol cocoa consumption increases flow-mediated dilation, improving endothelial dysfunction.
- Cocoa flavonoids may prevent oxidative-stress-induced damage to the liver.
- Dark chocolate consumption increases HDL cholesterol concentration and chocolate fatty acids may inhibit lipid peroxidation in healthy humans.
- Casual chocolate consumption results in anti-platelet effects.
- Chocolate preference in old age was associated with better health, optimism and better psychological well-being.
- Cocoa extract reduces plasma glucose and insulin in an oral glucose tolerance test and may reduce plasma fatty acids and enhance the antioxidant system in obese-diabetic rats.
Mission: Empower families to use the wisdom of traditional foods and natural healing.